Here’s Stokowski, international maestro (and, like my beloved John Wilson, a Royal College of Music graduate) in my second favorite Deanna Durbin movie: 100 Men and a Girl. Directed by Henry Koster. Universal, 1937. Andre Previn‘s great-uncle Charles Previn, musical director, arranger, composer and conductor at Universal, won an Oscar for his score for 100 Men and a Girl. While at Universal, Previn accumulated over 225 films to his credit, including most of Deanna Durbin’s films.
The bass-baritone in the Bugs Bunny classic “Long-Haired Hare”, where the title of this blog comes from, is voiced by bass-baritone SF native (and, like my son, a Mission High School graduate) Nicolai Shutorev.
- “The Story So Far, with Conductor John Wilson”
- “The Story So Far; Or, Conductor John Wilson—His Limits”
- Follow me on DEVIANTART for my erotic stories and pictures (free)
- Follow me on MEDIUM to read my memoirs and cultural pieces (free)
- Follow me on MASTODON for real conversations and deeper connections (free)
- Follow me on YOUTUBE to watch my pick of classic Hollywood movies (free)