This recording was made off-air by a sound engineer using state-of-the-art recording equipment for the time that used rare and expensive long-playing acetate disks. The symphony was first performed in June 1943 (at the height of the blitz) but this recording captures a later performance in September 1952. There are four movements: Preludio 0:00 Scherzo 11:40 Romanza 16:40 Passacaglia 26:42.
- “The Story So Far, with Conductor John Wilson”
- “The Story So Far; Or, Conductor John Wilson—His Limits”
- Follow me on MEDIUM to read my stories and articles (free)
- Follow me on MASTODON for real conversations and deeper connections (free)
- Follow me on YOUTUBE to watch my pick of classic Hollywood movies (free)