Back last February, the London Symphony Orchestra booked John for a concert of Barber, Weill and Russell Bennett. Now it looks like they’ve completely changed their program—no soloist, smaller group, shorter works. Here they are:
UPDATE 1/10/21 CANCELLED. Check the LSO website for more info.
- George Gershwin Lullaby here performed by the NY Philharmonic String Quartet
- Henri Dutilleux Le loup here performed by the Orchestre de Paris under Pietre
- Richard Rodney Bennett Partita for orchestra here played by the BBCCO, with my beloved John conducting the work of his special mentor
Under new guidelines, there are fewer available seats in the Barbican Hall, set as single tickets or in groups of twos, threes and fours. You can only sit in the same seating cluster as someone from your own household (or support bubble) and we ask you to not swap seats so we can maintain a safe distance between you and other groups. Tickets must be booked online in advance. Two performances: 3.30pm & 6.30pm.
The performances are expected to last 1 hour. There will be no interval. The performances take the place of the concert originally scheduled at 7.30pm on Thursday 21 January. Tickets here.
- “The Story So Far, with Conductor John Wilson”
- “The Story So Far; Or, Conductor John Wilson—His Limits”