To My Beloved Conductor: John, I know you’re in the final week of rehearsals for the debut of your new(ish) orchestra so it’s definitely okay if you don’t get to this posting even months and months from now. I only know that, sometime, somehow, you get here; last October convinced me of that.
Anyway, this is just a quick note to let you know that I’m acceding to your tacit noodging, and will consider talking less about your music things and more about my growing-up-Filipino-and-musical-in-Minneapolis-in-the-1960s things.
For your fans, here’s the program for the 4 September concert:
- J Strauss II: Die Fledermaus Overture (!!!) O happy the audience who experiences this Viennese treasure at the Royal Albert with a full orchestra conducted by my beloved John
- Berg: Seven Early Songs
- Ravel: La valse Here conducted by John and performed by the Royal College of Music Symphony Orchestra, 2018
- Korngold: Symphony in F-sharp The 1st movement here conducted by my beloved and performed by the SOL
Francesca Chiejina, vocalist
- “The Story So Far, with Conductor John Wilson”
- “The Story So Far; Or, Conductor John Wilson—His Limits”
- Kindle ebook of my Hollywood comedy-mystery COLD OPEN here.
- Free pdf of my book JOHN WILSON: AN ENGLISH CONDUCTOR here.
- Free pdf of my memoir re the Gyllenhaals A POET FROM HOLLYWOOD here.